Fall to Winter…Winter to Spring…Spring to Summer all different weather patterns can take a toll on your vehicle as we approach summer we wanted to share with you ways on getting your vehicle ready for SUMMER!
Summer’s heat, dust, and stop-and-go traffic, will take their toll on your vehicle. Add the effects of last winter, and you could be poised for a breakdown. Through proper maintenance your vehicle should last longer and retain a higher resale value, too!
Here are some tips & tricks on keeping your car in shape all summer long:
- Air Conditioning: Your air conditioning system could fail during the hot weather months so make sure to have your AC checked by a qualified technician
- Cooling System: The greatest cause of summer breakdowns is overheating. The cooling system should be completely flushed and refilled about every 24 months
- Oil: Have your Oil Changed every 3k-5k miles depending on what is recommended for your vehicle.
- Engine Performance: Replace other filters (air, fuel, PCV, etc.) as recommended more often in dry dusty conditions
- Windshield Wipers: A dirty windshield causes eye fatigue and can pose a safety hazard. Replace worn blades and get plenty of windshield washer solvent.
- Lights: Inspect all lights and bulbs and make sure to replace any that are not working properly
- Tires: Keep on top of having your tires rotated every 5k miles, check tire pressure once a month and do not forget to check that your spare and jack are in good condition
- Brakes: Brakes should be inspected and serviced if you notice any noises
- Batteries: Can fail anytime of year make sure you detect your battery
- Emergencies: Carry some basic tools. Also include, a first aid kit, flares, and a flashlight.